Friday 24 October 2008

Opening gambit

This blog is about achieving sustainable living, whilst driving down your costs, and beating the credit crunch. It's also about how to achieve a higher quality of life, one where work features minimally, and leisure time is the goal.

I should say at the start that this blog is not about becoming rich. My objectives, in the way I run my day to day life are to have as much leisure time as possible (ie, spend as little time at work as possible!). Now, conventional thinking would imply that you need to have lots of money in order to increase your leisure time, and therefore you need a well paid, high pressure job. My aim here is to show that is not the case at all. Coincidentally, making the changes that lead you to this life will actually make you much greener, rubishing the idea that being green means reverting back to living in caves.

Equally, I am not aiming to cut work out of my life alltogether, just to make it a sideline that's an occasional hinderance to doing whatever I want the rest of the time.

No comments: